Behind every hit ball in our Academy there are stories of great human beings who share and pursue a dream: to be professional tennis players. Born on January 26, 2000 in Togliatti, Russia, Nina Rudiukova has already spent two years working with us to train as a player in a sport that made her fall in love through a small screen.
That magic captivated an astonished girl determined to live and enjoy her passion.
When and how did you start in the white sport?
- Starting at the age of six, I had just watched a tennis match on television and asked my parents to put me in tennis school.
- I fell in love with this sport at first sight. I was full of energy and I liked hitting the balls, so I chose tennis.
Do you want to be a professional tennis player? Why?
- Of course I want to because I have been playing tennis for 14 years and all this time I have wanted to be a professional.
What is being a professional tennis player for you?
- The professional tennis player improves and exceeds every day, whatever happens. Maybe he or she should have a WTA / ATP ranking, maybe I don’t understand the question correctly.
What is your favorite surface and tournament?
- Hard court and the Australian Open.
What does tennis and this job (if we can call it our passion) mean to you? How do you live it?
- It means a lot. I spend all day playing tennis, practicing, if I don’t practice I think so and, of course, I love this game and the life of tennis.
The biggest dream that doesn’t leave your mind?
- A Grand Slam.
How was your stay at the Academy?
- Perfect i love this place
The most fun, rewarding and difficult part of this profession
- The funniest thing is the friends and the coaches, our jokes and the time we spend off the court. Most rewarding, perhaps health and improving yourself as a player and person. The most difficult thing is work, you have to improve yourself day by day.
How long have you been at the Lozano-Altur Academy? Why come here?
- Since July 2019. Because a friend told me about the process and coaches at the academy and I liked it.
How do you describe your game, what is your favorite shot or the one you consider best?
- I love the attack, but sometimes it is unreasonable. The short angle is my favorite.
What are your short, medium and medium term goals?
- Short: you should get a single ranking. Medium would be to win futures. Long term for a year: I have to be 600 on the WTA.
How do you describe yourself? Both as a person and as a player.
- I am a sociable person, but I also like to spend time alone with myself. I love to work and improve. I’m usually the calmest person, but on the court I can be so angry.
What are your hobbies?
- Read books and write sometimes.
What do you dream of when you hear the word tennis?
- A Grand Slam.
Who is and has been your idol? Why this figure?
- I don’t have idols, but I like Svitolina. She is a good tennis player and I like her game.
What do you think of physical work and on the court?
- I think it’s perfect but we have to make more ball baskets.
What do you like most about training at Lozano Altur Tennis Academy?
- Coaches, environment, our training process. This place and the people give me a lot of motivation and knowledge. I am so thankful for that.